Saturday, June 18, 2022

Heightened Awareness

 


Have you ever just thought of someone you wanted to call or visit. And when you call them, and you find out it was a miracle moment that God actually directed you to make that call. You realised that the person was going through a rough patch and suddenly you call them. Jesus made a statement he said my sheep know my voice. Amen. There's a familiarity to the voice of God to the life of a Believer so much so that there are times where I would have thought it was simply my desire to call a person and later, I find out afterwards it was the voice of God, living immersed in Christ, puts us in a place where we constantly are hearing that familiar voice. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me (John 10:27)
 
During our choir practice, our leader asks "do you know this song? and name the song". Without the song being played, but as soon as they mentioned that song you could hear it. you weren't aware of it. Your awareness became suddenly heightened to that sound when somebody mentioned, and you could hear it. God is looking for us to have a heightened awareness of His presence. He is constantly talking to us. The noises around us are restricting from hearing Him. The surroundings deafened us.
 
it's like Jacob said when he woke up from that dream he said God is here and I didn't even know it (Genesis 28:16). Heightened awareness to a reality that existed before he was aware. It was made aware by the Holy Spirit lives in you. He's also called paraclete. I've had certain things happen to me through the years where I became unusually aware of of him and it's terrifying and wonderful all at the same time. The word of God is perfectly fit to speak into any and every given situation.
 
May the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus and we are always aware of His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment