Sunday, June 12, 2016

Power of Pain

There are two types of pains one that hurts you and the other that changes you. I must tell you getting over a painful experience is like moving along a monkey bars, you have to let go at some point to move forward. These pains will reinstantiate your foundation and makes you stronger in life. 

Once certain number of monk students were traveling through the forest with their teacher. During such walks the teacher teaches them daily life lessons.After days of walk, they have reached the bank of a river. Teacher told them though the river looks calm on the surface can have fast under currents. They saw a big rope tied on two trees on either side of river banks and other monks from a different monastry were crossing the river by holding on to the rope. What they also saw was that each monk was carrying a big load on their shoulders while they cross the fast under current river. It might have been very tough to walk in that under current and on top of that holding heavy loads will add on to their hardships. One of the students asked the teacher why the monks were carrying heavy loads when they can walk freely holding on to the rope. The teacher smiled and replied "those heavy loads are helping them to keep their feet on the river bed helping them from carrying away in the under current

Though we may feel our life hardships are painful, in reality such pains are keeping you strong and protecting you from being carried away in turmoil of challenges. Let every situation in your life be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, Let our good God deal with it as he has once travelled through all your life miseries and He will take you shore unharmed.  When people hurt you over and over, think of them as a sand paper, they may scratch and hurt a bit, but you are being polished. All our pain are new learnings which will make you a new creation. I once read somewhere that pain is weakness leaving the body. God Bless.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. - Psalms 18.2



No comments:

Post a Comment